Q4 is monetization prime time. Advertising budgets peak. Bids skyrocket. Everyone is happy. Well, almost everyone..
Social Marketers are probably the most talented and under-appreciated group of people that may yet again face disappointment as the internet economy will be blooming around them, their social assets might remain revenue-less.
The given “I have no idea how to monetize my social following” can, and should change. Social marketers invest countless hours creating unique content, curating news, images, videos and posts, driving insane engagement, and now its time they should be able to cash out on their hard work.
All of the ways I cover rely on social marketers to utilize our monetization layer with their short links. Doing so will present the end user with a full page interstitial ad on the way to the destination URL. Social marketers can choose to monetize both curated links and/or links to their own content.
While relevancy will always be the name of the game, sometimes generic “lowest common denominator” offers work just as well!
Here are 5 clever monetizations you might want to include in your click-path:
- Create a TeeSpring campaign for your brand, elegantly promote it within the interstitial.
- Promote a relevant sponsor. Nothing beats promoting a sponsor who will be willing to pay you upfront for this premium inventory.
- Promote topic related physical products. You can find solid products to promote on affiliate networks such as Commission Junction, Sharasale or Amazon’s affiliate network.
- Promote gift cards & discount coupons to popular retailers and online service providers such as Netflix.
- Promote mobile apps or games.
- BONUS: Re-target your audience. Place a re-targeting pixel on each click you drive. Build audiences and re-market to them with relevant offers.